Dolphin 99996323 Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
The Dolphin Nautilus 99996323 is one of the most popular products from Maytronics, and judging from the hundreds of positive reviews that have been posted online, it seems like the right one for most pools. But how good is it really compared to the other robotic pool cleaners online? That is what we’re going to find out in this detailed review.
- The Nautilus has a compact design and weighs just 18 lbs., which makes it lighter than other robot pool cleaners in this range. Weight should be one of your concerns because a robot cleaner can get heavy if it’s submerged in your pool. While 18 lbs. is still heavy, it’s more manageable than others like it, so it’s a plus.
- This Dolphin Pool Robot uses a systematic approach to cleaning your pool. Once the device is underwater and running, it’s going to suction dirt and debris from the floor, walls and waterlines.
- There are scrubbers built into the cleaner so it’s able to scrub the floor without damaging it. Other robot cleaners don’t have a scrubber and only removes the dirt. Because the Nautilus 99996323 is equipped with these, it’s going to polish those pool walls and floor.
- The 99996323 is classified as a compact robotic cleaner, but it packs a lot of power. Its filtration rate is good for 4,233 (GPH), giving it enough power to clean a 50 ft. pool and smaller pools.
- A 60 ft. cable is included, and that length is good enough for a 50 ft. pool. Even if you have to use the full extent of the cable, it has a swivel mechanism that keeps the cable from getting stuck or twisting. Twisting cables is one of the more frustrating elements of long cables, so this is an essential feature on the Nautilus.
- The Nautilus 99996323 has a self-programing mapping feature. With auto mapping, the cleaner is capable of evaluating the shape and features of the pool. Following this analysis, the Dolphin pool vacuum is able to decide what approach is best used.
- The 99996323 is built like the other Dolphin robot cleaners in that it’s fast. It only takes two or three hours to clean a pool. There is also a lot of versatility built into the cleaner, as it has filters for both large and small particles.
If you want to see all of the features of this Dolphin Pool Robot in action then we recommend taking the time to watch the video below. You will see the setup of the Dolphin Nautilus from right out of the box and see how easy this is. In addition you will see how the filters are easily removed for replacing after use.
- Does away with the need to manually clean your pool: the Nautilus does an excellent job of general cleaning. Rather than spend the entire day cleaning your pool, you can just use the Nautilus.
- The filters serve their purpose well and trap dirt. The filters on other systems are notorious for being hard to remove and clean, so this is a welcome feature.
- Durable construction and simple configuration: the Nautilus robot cleaner line is known for ease of installation and the 99996323 follows suit. You’ve probably read a lot of reviews of people complaining their robot cleaner broke down after just a few weeks. The Dolphin 99996323 however, is built for long term use.
- Its performance is consistent along walls, waterlines and floors. A frequent complaint about robot pool cleaners is they usually don’t provide the same results for the various surfaces.
- As good as the 99996323 is, it sometimes has problems with stairs.
- You may need to brush pool angles first to help the cleaner remove dirt.
You can really see the strength of the Nautilus 99996323 when you compare it to the Hayward RC9990GR and RC9990CUB TigerShark Pool Cleaners. Both are more expensive than the Nautilus and have more features. But when it comes to general cleaning the Nautilus is just as good or in many cases even better.
The RC9990GR is good for 20 x 40’ pools, and its 24 volt motor seems energy efficient. However, the RC9990GR doesn’t really do a thorough cleaning. In some cases as much as 10% of the dirt is left behind. That doesn’t seem like much but when compared to the Nautilus it is. Another customer complained the RC9990GR broke down after just two weeks. In contrast, the Nautilus has received positive reviews for its durability.
The Hayward RC9990CUB offers many of the benefits the other Tiger Shark pool cleaners do, but also the same problems. In head to head comparison, the Nautilus wins in the cleaning department. The RC9990CUB has power, but it leaves out spots. One customer even said the RC9990CUB misses the same area all the time.
The Nautilus 99996323 is an excellent pool cleaner. There are fancier, more feature packed models, but if you just want your pool looking shiny and spotless, the Nautilus 99996323 will be more than enough. If you have a very large pool or you want a cleaner with all the trimmings, this may not be for you. but if it’s efficiency you’re after, you won’t be disappointed with the Nautilus.